Today, identity fraud is becoming national crisis. There many reports that their identity stolen. Thief can use your identity for sign up new credit. That’s why you need such Identity Theft Prevention system like Debix or LifeLock.
Debix is a system which can protect identity theft and stops fraud before it happens. Debix will assign a secure phone number to your account and places at your credit file. When a bank reviews your credit file, they will see fraud alert and call your Debix phone number.
Some features what you will get when you use Debix:
- When a thief trying to open a new credit account under your name you will get call for authorization. You can assign up to 3 different phone numbers.
- They offer theft coverage and recovery services. If your identity stolen, you can claim for your loss wages.
- Your confidential information is guaranteed. They will never share or sell your information. You will never get telemarketing call or call from creditors.
LifeLock is another identity theft protection company. They based in Tempe, Arizona. You can secure your identity and guarantee your good name with their service.
You will be charged $10 per month for their service. They stand behind their service with $1,000,000 guarantee. They will do some actions to protect your identity.
- They will ask the credit bureaus to set free fraud alert on your behalf.
- Each 90 days they will update your information at credit bureaus.
- Your name will be removed from pre approved credit card and junk mail list.
- You can contact them if your wallet lost or stolen. They will contact each credit card, bank, and other companies, then will cancel your affected accounts.
If we compare LifeLock and Debix they offer same service ‘ID theft prevention’, but at different price and features. Debix will cost you about $99 per year; LifeLock will cost you $110 per year.