HANOVER, Pa., Oct. 4 — Say hello to Applists … again.
Elias Corporation today announced the formal launch of Applists.com Version 2.0, fewer than 90 days after the original launch date of July 18, 2007.
“Our goal is to get great apps into the hands of iPhone and iPod Touch owners the instant they need them, in the easiest, most intuitive, and respectful way possible,” says Elias Corporation CEO Bill Denk. “Today, I believe we’ve accomplished just that.”
According to Denk, Applists 2.0 allows owners to add multiple lists which — combined with the sheer numbers of available apps — sets Applists apart from others in the marketplace.
Denk’s passion and respect for Apple, Inc. was the driving force behind the launch of Applists. “I am constantly impressed by the nuances of the iPhone interface. In fact, many of the interface upgrades found in Applists 2.0 are built on top of the genius Apple integrated directly into the iPhone. For example, our alpha pad is based on the iPhone’s key pad.
“Through Applists, we just made an already great product even more attractive.”
Notable Applists 2.0 upgrades include:
– Thumb-friendly interface, which allows for ease of typing with the “ultimate fat finger;”
– The ability to find the world’s expanding list of available apps even faster;
– BYOA (Bring Your Own Apps), which allows iPhone owners to find and suggest new apps and add apps to their own accounts instantly;
– Sharing apps and lists, which allows friends to swap their list of posted apps and even their own BYOA apps; and
– Sets, providing access to pre-created lists that can be added with a single tap.
To this day, Elias Corporation has held true to Denk’s mandate to provide the Applists service in an ‘ad-free’ environment. “We abhor the traditional advertising model — get people to visit your site and bombard them with advertising,” Denk said. “We believe that technology should enhance people’s lives, not abuse them.”
As with the original version, Applists 2.0 enables iPhone owners to use their desktop Safari browser to add, update and modify their applists, which are instantly accessible when they pick up their iPhone.
For screen shots and images, please visit: http://www.applists.com/desktop/applistsscreens.zip.
For additional information, contact Bill Denk at (717) 965-4104 or bill[at]applists.com.
Applists.com is built for the Apple Safari browser for use with iPhones, Macs and PCs.